HAPPY ETHIOPIAN CHRISTMAS on 7th JANUARY
Unbelievable to believe that it is Christmas yet again – the time really seems to fly past these days ( they do say that time flies when you are having fun ! ) but do wonder where on earth it goes to ! – one minute we are starting the school year and the next, we are almost half way through !
This is always a good time to look back and see what we managed to achieve – sometimes when you are in the thick of things, it is hard to see clear progress ! – you get caught up with the day to day difficulties such as the water going off for the millionth time and the lack of compulsory textbooks ( yes – after four months the government have still not managed to finish them ! ) and the day to day pleasures of almost two hundred smiling eager faces greeting you each day and the exciting experiments going on !
So, we took the time to see what we have achieved and came up with the following :
Our key 2012 achievements include:
• 35 % increase in the number of pupils on full sponsorships
• New practical science / social studies curriculum
• New developmental English programme
• Implementation of research and assessment programs
• 85 % increase in teacher training
• Formation of a computer room with 5 working computers
· Addition of a new year group for the pre - kindergarten students ( aged 2 + )
• Addition of 8 CD players in the school
• Addition of 133 chairs and tables for the eating room - now all children have a chair and a table to use for lunch!
• Formation of a learning support unit for those with
• 50 % increase in the number of extracurricular clubs in the school